Louie’s Kids is holding National Health Essay Contest in September and will choose four lucky winners to receive an HP Pavilion Notebook PC.
Louie’s Kids has timed the essay to be held during the month of September, which is National Childhood Obesity Month.
“When the Health and Life Sciences Industry team at Hewlett Packard contacted us about supporting our organization and made the offer for the computers, we thought this was a brilliant opportunity,” said Louis Yuhasz, founder and CEO of Louie’s Kids. “We are using technology more and more each day to reach even more children who are seriously in need of leadership and direction when it comes to weight loss.”
Essays must be 500 words or less and answer the question: “How will computers and the internet help me live a healthier lifestyle?”
To submit an essay, kids simply go to LouiesKids.org and click “Essay Contest.” After all the essays are uploaded, they will be evaluated by Louie’s Kids Board of Directors and four winners will be awarded an HP Pavilion Notebook PC in mid-October. Deadline for submission is Monday, Sept. 30, 2013. See official rules below.
The scary reality is, during the past four decades, obesity rates have soared among all age groups, increasing more than fourfold among children ages 6 to 11. More than 23 million children between the ages of 2 and 19 are obese or overweight, a rate that health and medical experts consider an epidemic.
Another reality is, kids use computers daily at home and at school. This contest will get them thinking about ways to use screen time to benefit their health.
For more information on Louie’s Kids or National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, visit LouiesKids.org.
Louie’s Kids’ National Health Essay Contest rules:
• Please print your first and last name, address, and phone number very clearly on your entry.
• Submissions must be 500 words or less.
• Contestants must be between the ages of 14 to 19 to enter.
• This is a non-fiction essay contest. All essays must be true stories and written by the contestant.
• Winner will have their story published on the Louie’s Kids website (Louieskids.org), Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. You can tell us if you do not want your story published.
• The submission window opens Tuesday, September 1st. Deadline for submission is Monday, Sept. 30, 2013.
• Four winners will be selected and announced in mid-October.
• To submit an essay, go to Louieskids.org and click “share your essay” or mail your essay to Louie’s Kids, P.O. Box 21291, Charleston, SC 29413. Essays can also be faxed to 800-457-7497 or emailed to info@Louieskids.org.